Department of Finance and Tax Planning
Students will be equipped with five core skills: financial knowledge and application; finance, taxation, and accounting practices; logical thinking and reasoning; interpersonal communication and expression, and social care and services to increase their vocational competitiveness and satisfaction with life.
- Our department educates students theoretically and practically as finance and taxation professionals by giving them knowledge of Economics, Accounting, and Law, as well as skills in management, computers, financial practices, and all kinds of taxation regulations.
- Our department features two professional courses: “Public Finance” and “Taxation Practices”. The former course fosters the financial and taxation skills needed by our nation, while the latter is designed for those skills required by SMEs.
- Finance and taxation information is important for improving the efficiency of both public and private financial management. Students will therefore be trained to operate computers while their skills in IT systems management and financial and taxation administration will be enhanced.
- The appropriate ratio of the courses related to financial management of private business, personal financial management and investment, and financial products. Courses in financial management in the public sector will also be arranged for students to understand financial management in both private and public sectors.
- To strive for the internationalization of the students’ educations, the department also encourages our students to take domestic or international tests in English proficiency at various levels beyond basic English language training and English financial and economic professional studies. English readers and materials for all subjects are also prepared in order to help students improve their English language skills.
Prospects for the Future
the graduates in finance and taxation are popular in the job market and have the following job options to choose from:
- Financial and taxation sections of governments: working for the Ministry of Finance, the Department of Finance of all city and county governments, the National Tax Administration, Revenue Service Office as accountant, taxation officer, auditor, or banking officer with civil services qualifications.
- Accounting firms: posts such as the auditor at an accounting firm or qualified accounting practitioner.
- Private businesses or organizations: posts such as accountant, financial manager, or auditor in the finance or accounting divisions at private companies or organizations; or alternatively taking jobs related to management, marketing, financial management, securities, and banking in other industries
Studying at domestic or overseas postgraduate schools in financial administration, financial management, banking, accounting, business administration, international business, economics, management science, international trade, finance, and economics, etc.
Licenses and certificates:
Accountant, financial accounting auditor, management accountant, securities analyst, bookkeeper, and all types of financial managers.